Today CryptoBasic talks about something near and dear to their hearts – scams. This isn’t just crypto, but knowing what scams we’ve seen in the past and where they might be going in the future is very important in this unregulated market. Listen to Karim and Brent talk about the red flags you should be on the lookout for, and learn about this insane con man that had 10 commandments written about him. There’s plenty of crypto content, plenty of scams, and it’s all here on this episode.
LINKS TO TOPICS FROM THE SHOW
- Enron Scam Movie
- Bernie Maddoff
- Charles Ponzi
- Tiffany’s Miner Scam
- Pretorian Guard sale scam
- The daddy of them all – count Victor Von Lustig
HELP SUPPORT THE PODCAST!
- Patreon - $1 an episode would be the best thing ever and keeps us afloat.
- Join our Discord right here
- Subscribe Via iTunes
- Binance Jersey referral link - Well we don’t technically use this, because we can’t. Non-US only.
- Ledger Nano S or Ledger Nano X - This is where you buy the hardware wallet that we're always talking about on the show - we all use a Ledger Nano S.
- Cash App has Bitcoin - If you sign up through that link the show gets $5 and so do you! Stop the presses. The easiest to use money transfer application (yes it's easier than Venmo) now as a built in way to buy and sell Bitcoin. They even have a no - fee debit card you can use.
- CryptoBasic Podcast Email
Theme Music - Neledrax by Earradiate (2017)